“Sweet and sour is a cooking way for many things, from fish, meat, seafood, it comes from Chinese cuisine and popular in America and Europe”
Cooking time: 35 min
Calories per serving: 209 kcal
- Fish fillet – 500 g (1.10 lb.)
- Salt – 1 1/2 tsp.
- Garlic powder – 1/4 tsp.
- Black pepper powder – 1/4 tsp.
- Cornstarch – 3 tbsp.
- Scrambled egg – 1 PC.
For the sweet and sour sauce:
- Tomato sauce – 300 ml (10.15 fl.oz.)
- Brown sugar – 3 tbsp.
- Oyster sauce – 2 tbsp.
- Lemon juice – from 1/2 PC.
- Carrots (shredded) - 100 g (3.53 oz.)
- Onion (sliced) - 100 g (3.53 oz.)
- Ginger (shredded) - 50 g (1.76 oz.)
- Green bell pepper (sliced) - 100 g (3.53 oz.)
- Olive oil – 2 tbsp.
- Cooking oil for frying
- Cornstarch – 1 tsp.
- Season the fish on both sides with salt, garlic powder, black pepper powder.
- Add the scrambled egg and flip gently until fish is finely coated.
- Add gradually the cornstarch and mix well.
- Heat the cooking oil in a frying pan and fry all the fish golden brown, drain from excess oil in a dish with kitchen paper.
- Prepare the sweet and sour sauce in a separate bowl, mix the tomato sauce, lemon juice, sugar, oyster sauce and stir well.
- Heat olive oil in a small saucepan, add the onions, ginger, bell pepper, carrots, sweet and sour sauce, allow boil for 2 minutes.
- Add the cornstarch, previously dissolved in a small quantity of cold water, stir until thicken and pour on the fried fish fillet .