Posted by Webmaster on 14 June 2009Print this recipe
Preparation time: 30 min
calories per serving: 224 kcal
- Bangus / Milkfish – 1 whole about 500 g (1.10 lb.)
- Onion (quartered) – 150 g (5.29 oz.)
- Tomatoes – 100 g (3.53 oz.)
- Ginger (thinly sliced) – 50 g (1.76 oz.)
- Chinese water spinach or Kangkong – 100 g (3.53 oz.)
- Green beans / string beans – 100 g (3.53 oz.)
- Salt – ½ tsp.
- Fish stock powder (optional) – 1 tsp.
- Sinigang powder* (or equivalent) - 2 tbsp.
- Black pepper (ground) - ¼ tsp.
- Extravirgin olive oil – 2 tbsp.
- Water – 500 ml (16.91 fl.oz.)
* Sour broth powder, can find from Knorr, Mama Sita’s, Maggi
- Heat oil in a medium sized pot and sauté the onions, ginger and tomatoes.
- Add hot water and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, add ground pepper, fish stock powder, salt, Sinigang powder, fish and simmer for three minutes.
- Add Green beans and water spinach stalk, keep simmering for five minutes with lid on over a medium heat.
- Once vegetables are almost cooked, add water spinach leaves and cook for additional two minutes.