“Pork caldereta is a traditional dish in the Philippines, originally made with goat, it’s a reinterpretation of the original Spanish recipe”.
Preparation time: 1 h
Calories per serving: 300 kcal
- Pork shanks – 1 kg (2.20 lb.)
- Potato (diced) – 2 PCs.
- Carrots (diced) – 2 PCs.
- Yellow bell pepper (diced) – ½ PC.
- Green peas - ⅓ cup
- Liver spread (optional) – 3 tbsp.
- Tomato sauce – 350 ml (11.84 fl.oz.)
- Oyster sauce – 3 tbsp.
- Bouillon cube – 1 PC. (classic flavour)
- Onion (large, diced) – 1 PC.
- Garlic (flaked) – 3 cloves
- Black pepper (ground) – ½ tsp.
- Water – 500 ml (16.91 fl.oz.)
- Extra virgin olive oil – 2 tbsp.
- Heat a large non-stick pan and add the extra virgin olive oil.
- Add the pork shanks and roast until lightly golden brown.
- Create some space in the pan and sauté the onions until soft and fragrant.
- Add the garlic, warm water, bouillon cube, ground pepper and simmer until water is reduced by half.
- Add the liver spread, tomato sauce, oyster sauce and potatoes, cook for 5 min then add the carrots and simmer until vegetables are cooked.
- Add the green peas and yellow bell pepper, cover with lid and bring to a slow boil for 1 min.