“Nilagang baboy, or boiled pork, is a simple clear soup made by boiling the meat until soft and then add a variety of vegetables and leaves”
Cooking time: 50 min
Calories per serving: 364 kcal
- Pork mixed meat – 800 g (1.76 lb.)
- Potatoes (sliced) – 2 PCs.
- Carrots (sliced) – 2 PCs.
- Cabbage (sliced) – 250 g
- Black pepper (ground) – 1/4 tsp.
- Onion (sliced) – 1/2 PC.
- Olive oil – 2 tbsp.
- Bouillon cube – 1 PC.
- Salt – 2 tsp.
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil and sauté the onions.
- Add the pork, bouillon cube, ground pepper, water and bring to a boil until meat is tender (add more water if necessary).
- Once the meat is tender, add the potatoes and carrots and cook for 10 minutes then add the cabbage and simmer for 5 minutes.
Note: skim off the foam from the boiling water during the first procedure.