“A party table in Philippines or abroad is not complete without Kare-Kare, this is one of the comfort food for oversea workers and families”
Cooking time: 2 hours
Calories per serving: 170 kcal
- Mama Sita’s Stew Base Mix (Pang Kare-Kare) – 1 pouch
- Beef tripe (cut into 1 1/2″ cubes) - 250 g (8.82 oz.)
- Beef brisket (cut into 1 1/2″ cubes) - 250 g (8.82 oz.)
- Garlic (minced) - 1 tsp.
- Onion (sliced) - 1 PC., medium-sized
- Chinese cabbage – 100 g (3.54 oz.)
- Green beans (cut into 2″ length) - 100 g (3.54 oz.)
- Eggplant (sliced into 1/2″ length and pan-fried) - 100 g (3.54 oz.)
- Cooking oil – 1 tbsp.
- Shrimp paste for side sauce
- Boil the beef tripe and brisket in a large measure of water, lower the heat and simmer until the meat is very tender (at least 1 h 30 min), adding water if needed, but leaving about 1 1/2 cups broth.
- In a heavy saucepan, sauté the garlic and onion in oil, add the meat, stir fry.
- Pour-in Mama Sita’s Kare-Kare Mix dissolved in a cup of water and then add the remaining broth.
- Stir and simmer until sauce thickens.
- Add eggplant and Green beans then simmer for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the Chinese cabbage and simmer for other 2 minutes or until vegetables are cooked.
Serve hot with shrimp paste and rice.
Pressure cook 500 g (1.10 lb.) ox tail in 3 cups (750 ml) of water for 45 min and then go ahead to cooking procedures number 2 as mentioned above.