“A party table in Philippines or abroad is not complete without Kare-Kare, this is one of the comfort food for oversea workers and families”.
Preparation time: 20 min + cooking time of the meat.
Calories per serving: 170 kcal
- Mama Sita’s Peanut Sauce (Kare-Kare) Mix – 1 pouch
- Beef tripe – 250 g (8.82 oz.) (cut into 1½” cubes)
- Beef brisket – 250 g (cut into 1½” cubes)
- Garlic (minced) – 1 tsp.
- Onion (sliced) – 1 PC. (medium-sized)
- Chinese cabbage - 100 g (3.54 oz.)
- Green beans (cut into 2″ length) – 100 g (3.54 oz.)
- Eggplant (sliced into ½” length and pan-fried) – 100 g (3.54 oz.)
- Cooking oil – 1 tbsp.
- Shrimp paste
- Boil the beef tripe and brisket in a large quantity of water, lower the heat and simmer until the meat is very tender, adding water if needed, but leaving about 1 ½ cups broth.
- In a heavy saucepan, sauté the garlic and onion in oil, add the meat, stir fry.
- Pour-in Mama Sita’s Kare-Kare Mix dissolved in a cup of water and then add the remaining broth.
- Stir and simmer until sauce thickens.
- Add eggplant and Green beans then simmer for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the Chinese cabbage and simmer for additional 2 minutes or until vegetables are cooked.
- Serve hot with shrimp paste and rice.
Pressure cook 500 g (1.10 lb.) ox tail in 3 cups (750 ml) of water for 45 min and then proceed to cooking procedures number 2 as mentioned above.