Posted by Webmaster on 21 August 2009Print this recipe
Preparation time: 20 min + cooking time of the meat.
Calories per serving: 170 kcal
- Mama Sita’s Peanut Sauce (Kare-Kare) Mix – 1 pouch
- Beef tripe – 250 g (8.82 oz.) (cut into 1½” cubes)
- Beef brisket – 250 g(cut into 1½” cubes)
- Garlic (minced) – 1 tsp.
- Onion (sliced) – 1 PC. (medium sized)
- Pechay (Chinese cabbage) – 100 g (3.54 oz.)
- Green beans (cut into 2″ length) – 100 g (3.54 oz.)
- Eggplant (sliced into ½” length and pan fried) – 100 g (3.54 oz.)
- Cooking oil – 1 tbsp.
- Shrimp paste
- Boil beef tripe and brisket in a large quantity of water, lower the heat and simmer until meat is very tender, adding water if needed, leaving about 1 ½ cups broth.
- In a heavy saucepan, sauté garlic and onion in oil, add meat, stir fry and pour-in Mama Sita’s Kare-Kare Mix dissolved in a cup of water and then add the remaining broth.
- Stir and simmer until sauce thickens and add eggplant and sitaw. Simmer for three minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add pechay (chinese cabbage) and simmer for two minutes until vegetables are cooked. Serve hot with bagoong and rice.
Cooking Variation: Pressure cook 500 g (1.10 lb.) oxtail in 3 cups (750 ml) of water for 45 min and then proceed to cooking procedures number 2 as mentioned above.