“Eggplants are a cultivar native to the Indian subcontinent and they have been grown in southern and eastern Asia since prehistoric times”.
Preparation time: 15 min
Calories per serving: 220 Kcal
- Eggplants – 800 g (1.76 lb.)
- Shrimp paste – 3 ½ tbsp. (Regular Flavor)
- Garlic (minced) – 5 cloves
- Onion (thinly sliced) – 1 PC.
- Ginger (thinly sliced) – 2 tbsp.
- Black pepper (ground) – ¼ tsp.
- Coconut milk – 400 ml (16.91 fl.oz.)
- Extra virgin olive oil – 2 tbsp.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry the ginger and onion until fragrant.
- Add the garlic, shrimp paste and eggplants.
- Season with ground pepper and stir occasionally for 2 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk, stir and let simmer until eggplants are soft and sauce has thickened.
Tip: you can add sliced fresh seeded red chili for a spicy taste.