Posted by Webmaster on 20 March 2010
“Tocino is a sweetened meat based on chicken or pork, which is originally marinated and cured for several days before being boiled or pan-fried”.
Preparation time: 20 min
Calories per serving: 360 kcal
- Sliced Chicken Breast – 1 PC.
- Lemon Juice - from ½ PC.
- Soy Sauce – 2 tbsp.
- Achuete / Annatto Powder – 2 tsp.
- Black Pepper Powder – ¼ tsp.
- Paprika Powder – ½ tsp.
- Garlic Powder – 1 tsp.
- Brown Sugar – 3 tsp.
- Cooking oil – 1 ½ tbsp.
- In a medium-sized bowl, marinate the chicken with lemon juice and soy sauce.
- Season with the black pepper powder, salt, brown sugar, garlic powder, paprika powder and Annatto powder.
- Allow to marinate for additional thirty minutes, or overnight, in the refrigerator, covered with transparent film before cooking.
- Heat a medium-sized frying pan, add the oil and pan fry the chicken with its marinade.
- Flip often until the chicken is nicely browned and serve.