“This is my own version of chicken adobo, as my mother cooks in Maranding, the butter makes the taste round and oyster sauce add full flavour”.
Preparation time: 40 min + marinating time
Calories per serving: 400 kcal
- Chicken – 1 kg (2.20 lb.)
- Vinegar – 3 tbsp.
- Garlic (minced) - 3 cloves
- Oyster sauce - 5 tbsp.
- Onion (sliced) - ½ PC.
- Black pepper powder – ½ tsp.
- Butter – 1 tbsp.
- Bay leaves – 3 PCs.
- Place the chicken in a mixing bowl.
- Add the oyster sauce, vinegar, black pepper powder, a half portion of garlic and marinate from 30 minutes to overnight to taste.
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan and then add the onions and remaining garlic.
- Add the chicken and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add the bay leaves and keep simmering until chicken is browned and cooked.