Rate Chicken Adobo Bisaya Style
“This is my version of chicken adobo, as my mother cooks in Maranding, the butter makes the taste round and oyster sauce add full flavour”.
Preparation time: 30 min
Cooking time: 40 min
Calories per serving: 400 kcal
- Chicken – 1 kg (2.20 lb.)
- Vinegar – 3 tbsp.
- Garlic (minced) – 3 cloves
- Oyster sauce - 5 tbsp.
- Onion (sliced) – 1/2 PC.
- Black pepper powder – 1/2 tsp.
- Butter – 1 tbsp.
- Bay leaves – 3 PCs.
- Place the chicken in a mixing bowl.
- Add the oyster sauce, vinegar, black pepper powder, a half part of garlic and marinate from 30 minutes to overnight to taste.
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan and then add the onions and remaining garlic.
- Add the chicken and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add the bay leaves and keep simmering until chicken is browned and cooked.