“Cassava cake is one of the most loved dessert in the Philippines, this root is a staple food and cultivated since 10,000 years ago first in Brazil”
Chilling time: 2 hour
Cooking time: 50 min
Calories per serving: 132 kcal
- Cassava root (peeled and grated) – 800 g (1.76 lb.)
- Condensed milk – 400 g (14.11 oz.)
- Pineapple juice – 200 ml (6.76 fl.oz.)
- Coconut milk – 400 ml (13.53 fl.oz.)
- Egg – 2 PCs.
- Grated cheese for topping – optional
- In a medium-sized bowl mix the cassava, half of condensed milk, pineapple juice, coconut milk and eggs.
- Pre-heat oven at 200 °C (392 °F) and bake cassava mixture for 40 minutes.
- Remove briefly the cake from the oven and spread on the surface the remaining condensed milk or, optional, cover surface with a layer of cheese and top with condensed milk.
- Return cassava cake in the oven and cook until surface is golden.
- Chill in refrigerator for several hours before serving.