“Binagoongang, literally, cooked with fermented shrimp paste, is a cooking method in the Philippines. Bagoong is the distinctive flavour”.
Preparation time: 40 min
Calories per serving: 415 kcal
- Chicken wings – 1 kg (2.20 lb.)
- Bagoong alamang (Shrimp paste) – 2 tbsp.
- Coconut milk – 400 ml (13.53 fl.oz.)
- Sambal / chili paste - ½ tsp.
- Onion – 1 large PC.
- Garlic – 5 cloves
- Fresh tomatoes – 2 large PCs.
- Ginger powder – ½ tsp.
- Black pepper powder – ¼ tsp.
- Salt – 1 tsp.
- Olive oil – 1 tbsp.
- Season the chicken with the salt, black pepper and ginger powder.
- Heat well a large pan or wok, add the olive oil, the chicken and stir occasionally until golden brown.
- Add the onion in slices, garlic in flakes, diced tomatoes, shrimp paste, sambal then lower the heat, stir well and let simmer with the lid until the tomatoes are melt and adjust temperature to medium heat.
- After 15 min add the coconut milk and simmer for additional 10 minutes before to serve.
* Available in international food stores