“Banana cake or banana bread was first invented in America during 30’s, easy to prepare, which can eventually contain nuts or chocolate bits”
Cooking time: 35 min
Calories per serving: 360 kcal
- Ripe banana – 4 PCs.
- All purpose flour – 300 g (10.58 oz.)
- Icing sugar – 150 g (5.29 oz.)
- Butter (melted) – 150 g (5.29 oz.)
- Dark chocolate bits – 3/4 cup (optional)
- Flaked almonds – 3/4 cup (optional)
- Cinnamon powder – 1/4 tsp.
- Vanilla extract – 1 tsp.
- Baking powder – 1 tsp.
- Yeast – 1 tsp.
- Egg – 2 PCs.
- In a large-sized bowl, mix the flour, yeast, baking powder, sugar and cinnamon powder.
- Add butter and eggs and whisk thoroughly.
- Add in the bananas cut into chunks and whisk until desired smoothness. Best if banana is briefly processed before adding, in this case add 1 tsp. lemon juice to the banana before processing.
- Add the chocolate bits, vanilla extract, almonds and mix.
- Transfer the cake mixture into a greased molder.
- Bake for 5 minutes at 180 °C (356 °F).
To control if the cake is well cooked, a toothpick stocked into the cake must come out clean.