“Mung beans are native to Indian subcontinent and cultivated in India, China and several countries in Southeast Asia since over 4,500 years”
Cooking time: 1 hour 30 min
Calories per serving: 385 kcal
- Pork – 1 kg (2.20 lb.)
- Mung beans – 100 g (3.53 oz.)
- Coconut milk – 400 ml (13.53 fl.oz.)
- Green Jackfruit – 280 g (9.87 oz.)
- Salt – 2 tsp.
- Onion (chopped) - 50 g (1.76 oz.)
- Garlic (minced) - 2 cloves
- Bouillon cubes – 2 PCs. (vegetable flavor)
- Olive oil – 2 tbsp.
- Place the pork in a large pot, add one bouillon cube, fill with water and bring to a boil until the meat is tender.
- Set aside the meat with 200 ml (6.76 fl.oz.) of cooking water.
- Boil the beans for 30 minutes and then drain and set aside in small bowl.
- heat the oil in a pot and sauté the onion and garlic.
- Add the pork with its cooking water, Jackfruit, second bouillon cube, salt and simmer until the Jackfruit is cooked.
- After cooking the Jackfruit, add the mung beans, coconut milk, bring to a boil, stir gently until creamy and serve.