“This is my version of pork chops in orange juice, usage of fruit juices as meat tenderer is a good and tasty idea, especially lean meats”.
Preparation time: 40 min + marinating time
Calories per serving: 250 kcal
- Pork chops – 4 PCs.
- Orange juice – from 2 oranges
- Orange (diced) – 3 PCs.
- Onion (cut into rings) – 1 PC.
- Rosemary – 1/4 tsp.
- Butter – 2 tbsp. + 1 for the sauce
- Breadcrumbs – 5 tbsp.
- Black pepper (ground) – 1/2 tsp.
- Wash the meat with water and dry with kitchen paper.
- Put the meat in a bowl, pour the orange juice and add the salt, black pepper and rosemary.
- Marinate for 30 minutes. The orange juice serves as meat tenderer.
- Once marinated, drain the meat and reserve the marinade.
- Spread the bread crumbs on a plate and coat the pork evenly.
- Heat a large frying pan, melt the butter, and fry the meat until cooked through, add butter as needed.
- Arrange the meat in a big serving platter and set aside.
- For the sauce, melt the butter in a small saucepan, add the onion and orange. Stir for 2 minutes.
- Add back the marinade and allow simmer for 2 minutes. Adjust of salt if needed.
- Once onions are half-cooked, pour the sauce on the fried pork chops.