“Beef he fen is a staple food in Cantonese cuisine, it uses wide rice noodles, stir fried with beef and flavored by sesame, garlic and onion”
Cooking time: 45 min
Calories per serving: 462 kcal
- Beef tenderloin – 250 g (8.19 oz.)
- Wide rice noodles / He Fen – 375 g (13.23 oz.)
- Sesame seeds – 2 tsp.
- Sesame oil – 2 tbsp.
- Oyster sauce – 4 tbsp.
- Black pepper (ground) - 1/4 tsp.
- Onion (chopped) - 1/2 PC.
- Garlic (minced) - 2 cloves
- Green onion (sliced) - 1 stalk
- Bouillon cube – 1 PC. (vegetable flavor)
- Olive oil – 2 tbsp.
- Bring to a boil 1 l of water with the bouillon cube.
- Add the rice noodles and cook for 7 to 8 minutes stirring often to avoid the noodles to stick.
- Heat the olive oil in a non-stick large pan and sauté the onion and garlic until golden brown.
- Add the beef, 2 tbsp. of oyster sauce,sesame oil and the sesame seeds, a pinch of freshly ground black pepper and cook for 8 minutes.
- Once the noodles are cooked, drain from the water and add into the pan with the beef within other 2 tbsp. of oyster sauce and mix well until noodles absorb the flavor.
- Turn off the heat, add the green onions, mix and serve.