“The Atlantic Mackerel is one of the most consumed fish worldwide and great source of fatty acid omega 3. Fish should be eaten twice a week”
Cooking time: 30 min
Calories per serving: 575 kcal
- Mackerel (sliced) - 800 g (1.76 lb.)
- Green chili – 1 PC.
- Eggplant (sliced) - 350 g (12.35 oz.)
- Garlic (minced) - 3 cloves
- Onion (quartered) - 1 PC.
- Ginger (sliced) - 50 g (1.76 oz.)
- Coconut milk – 400 ml (13.53 fl.oz.)
- Extra virgin olive oil – 2 tbsp.
- Basil (minced) - 1 tbsp.
- Bouillon cube – 1 PC. (vegetable flavor)
- Black pepper (ground) - a pinch
- Remove the entrails and gills of the fish and cut into large chunks.
- Heat the extra virgin olive oil in a large non-stick pan.
- Sauté the onion, add ginger, garlic, mackerel and fry for 1 minute.
- Add the coconut milk, bouillon cube, basil, ground pepper, green chili and cover with lid.
- Once boiling, add the eggplant, adjust to a low heat and simmer stirring occasionally until fish and eggplants are cooked.