“Pork sinigang is a clear soup in Philippines. Varieties involve fish, beef, chicken or seafood, soured by tamarind, green mango or guava”.
Preparation time: 1 h 30 min
Calories per serving: 600 kcal
- Pork spare ribs – 1.5 kg (3.30 lb.)
- Radish – 300 g (10.58 oz.)
- Water spinach – 200 g (7.05 oz.)
- Yam – 4 PCs.
- Holland beans – 150 g (5.29 oz.)
- Bouillon cube -1 PC. (vegetable flavor)
- Onion – 1 PC. (quartered)
- Fish sauce – 2 tbsp.
- Black pepper (ground) – a pinch
- Salt – 3 tbsp.
- Sinigang mix – 1 pouch
- Tomatoes – 200 g (7.05 oz.)
- Water from rice washing
- Bring to a boil the rice water, then add the onion, tomatoes, pork, black pepper, salt and cook until meat is tender.
- Lower the heat and then add the Sinigang mix, radish, yam and simmer for 10 minutes or until the vegetables are half-cooked.
- Add the Holland beans and cook for 5 minutes then add the water spinach stems and cook for additional 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add the water spinach leaves, cover the pot and allow steaming the leaves for additional 5 minutes.